Hahndorf and Hills Gourmet Food and Wine Tour
- Pick up from Glenelg, Adelaide CBD or Hahndorf accommodation
- Learn the art of fine chocolate making with a Haigh’s Chocolates factory tour including complimentary chocolate tasting
- Visit Adelaide’s highest peak, Mount Lofty Summit, to experience a panoramic view of Adelaide (you may even spot a kangaroo or koala!)
- Drive through the beautiful hills villages of Stirling, Aldgate and Bridgewater on the way to Hahndorf
- Relax at Shaw and Smith Winery with a Wine Flight (set tasting of red and white wines) matched to assorted local cheese
- Wine tasting at Sidewood Cellar Door in Hahndorf
- Enjoy free time in Hahndorf to explore and purchase your own lunch. Choose from over 40 cafes, pubs and restaurants within a 1km strip on the beautiful main street. Pop into Udder Delights for complimentary cheese tasting.
- Visit Beerenberg Strawberry Farm Shop where you will be able to taste their world renowned jams, condiments and products
- For the last stop of the day you have the option of: a Bavarian beer tasting paddle at the Hahndorf Inn OR Gin tasting at Ambleside Distillers OR wine tasting at Nepenthe OR a self guided tour of The Cedars – home to Sir Hans Heysen, one of Australia’s most noted landscape artists. Please make your selection on the next page by clicking ‘Book Now’
- Indulge in a complimentary box of chocolates on the drive home before being dropped off at your Hahndorf, Glenelg or Adelaide CBD accommodation
PRICE: $295.00 AUD per guest
TOUR TIMES: Full day luxury tour approx. 9:30am to 5:30pm
DEPARTURE & RETURN: Complimentary pick up from your Adelaide CBD, Glenelg or Hahndorf accommodation
INCLUSIONS: Wine, beer, cheese and chocolate tastings. Complimentary bottled water supplied.
MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE: 6 guests
Please note: Haigh’s Chocolates factory tour is subject to availability and is closed on Sunday. In this event we visit Melba’s chocolate factory in Woodside.
For bookings less than 24 hours before departure please call us
“Very relaxed and professional company. Jess was such a pleasant and accommodating guide. No fuss or pressure and a wonderful smile. Certainly would recommend this tour to anyone visiting Adelaide.”
Your gourmet experience starts here…
While the Adelaide Hills are a relatively young wine region, their cool climate provides a distinctive point of difference from other South Australian regions. The Adelaide Hills are known for their exceptional Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Shiraz, but the Hills are also home to many emerging varieties new to the Australian scene. However, wine is only part of the story of the beautiful Adelaide Hills, so sit back and relax as we show you the very best produce, wine and sightseeing the Adelaide Hills has to offer.
Our gourmet food, wine and sightseeing tour begins with a tour of the iconic Haigh’s Chocolate Factory. Let your senses erupt as you are hit with the delicious smell of chocolate and enjoy a sample as you are shown the art of fine chocolate making.
Once your sweet tooth has been satisfied, we make our way up to the Adelaide Hills, arriving at Mount Lofty Summit, Adelaide’s highest peak. Here you will get to experience a wonderful panoramic view of Adelaide and beyond, before hopping back in our luxury minivan and travelling through the beautiful Hills villages of Stirling, Aldgate and Bridgewater, arriving in Hahndorf.
Our first tasting for the day will be at Shaw + Smith, established in 1989. Here you will get to enjoy a ‘Wine Flight’ (set tasting) of three white and two red wines matched to assorted local cheese. Be sure to savour your first sip of Adelaide Hills cool climate wines as you look out over the sauvignon blanc vineyards from the comfortable tasting room.
It’s time for more wine tasting and there is no shortage at Sidewood Cellar Door.
Lunch is calling as we travel to Hahndorf, Australia’s oldest surviving German settlement, settled in 1839 by Captain Hahn and 38 Lutheran German families who were escaping persecution by the King of Prussia. Here you will get free time to explore and purchase your own lunch – with a choice of over 40 cafes, pubs and restaurants within a 1km strip on the beautiful main street there is no shortage of options! Before leaving why not pop into Udder Delights for complimentary cheese tasting.
Next we visit Beerenberg Strawberry Farm Shop – a sixth generation local business. Almost 200 years ago the Paech family arrived in Hahndorf from German speaking Prussia with the name ‘Beerenberg’ originating from their heritage and meaning ‘Berry Hill’ in German. Here you can view and sample their world renowned products with the option to purchase their delicious condiments to take home if you wish. If visiting during strawberry season (November to April) be sure to try their freshly picked strawberries, known for being sweet, juicy and full of flavour!
For the last stop of the day you have the option of Bavarian beer, gin or wine tasting or a self guided tour of The Cedars – home to Sir Hans Heysen, one of Australia’s most noted landscape artists. Your selection can be made during the booking process.
As we make our way back to your accommodation, it is only fitting to sit back and relax with a complimentary box of chocolates – that means no fighting over the best ones!